Monday, April 6, 2009

Sour Cream Banana Bread Recipe


Banana bread is my youngest son's favorite! This recipe got great reviews so I'm going to give it a try. We like to add a few chocolate chips in our banana bread so I'll probably add some good quality chocolate chips into the mix at the end and gently fold them into the batter right before I pour it in the pan. Another tip: As bananas I have purchased get to ripe to eat plain I put them in the freezer skin and all to save them up to make banana bread. Then the day of bread making I put them on a baking sheet and thaw them out. The peel comes right off and I drop the softened banana in my mixing bowl. Over ripened bananas seem to make nice sweet bread.

Sour Cream Banana Bread
Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup margarine or butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 1/2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mashed banana
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts (omit if you don't like nuts)
* 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:
1. Grease 1 large loaf pan.
2. Cream margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients, then bananas, nuts and sour cream.
4. Mix well.
5. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.



Click here to go to the site that I found the recipe on.

And here also on this blog Dinewithoutwhine.
Sour Cream Banana Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment